Mocha Blanc Mange
|Cold milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Instant coffee||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||1⁄2|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), whipped|
1. In small, heavy saucepan, slowly heat 3/4 cup milk just until bubbles form around edge of pan. Remove from heat.
2. In small bowl, combine cornstarch, sugar, salt, and coffee. Gradually stir in remaining cold milk, mixing well.
3. Gradually add cornstarch mixture to hot milk, mixing well. Add chocolate.
4. Over medium heat, bring to boiling, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute, stirring.
5. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Turn into 2 individual dessert dishes. Place waxed paper directly on surface of pudding. Refrigerate until well chilled.
6. To serve: Top with whipped cream. Sprinkle with chocolate curls, if desired.