Caramel Mocha Sundae Sauce
|Light corn syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweet butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strong coffee||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Espresso)|
|Vanilla extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine corn syrup, water and sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, until boiling. With a spatula, keep scraping sugar crystals from sides of pan.
2. Add butter. Add evaporated milk gradually, stirring constantly.
3. Boil 15 to 20 minutes, stirring constantly until a candy thermometer reaches 234° to 239°F (112° to 115°C) (soft ball stage). Remove pan from heat, stir in coffee, vanilla and salt.
4. Pour caramel mixture into a blender, starting on low and increasing speed until smooth.
5. Pour into a bowl and serve.
Can be stored in a 24-oz mason jar up to 3 months. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2313 Calories from Fat 602
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g105.4%
Saturated Fat 42.6 g212.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 203.2 mg67.7%
Sodium 921.3 mg38.4%
Total Carbohydrates 429 g143%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 294.5 g
Protein 21 g42.2%
Vitamin A 41.9% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 71.8% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet