Caramel Mocha Sundae Sauce
|Light corn syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweet butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strong coffee||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Espresso)|
|Vanilla extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine corn syrup, water and sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, until boiling. With a spatula, keep scraping sugar crystals from sides of pan.
2. Add butter. Add evaporated milk gradually, stirring constantly.
3. Boil 15 to 20 minutes, stirring constantly until a candy thermometer reaches 234° to 239°F (112° to 115°C) (soft ball stage). Remove pan from heat, stir in coffee, vanilla and salt.
4. Pour caramel mixture into a blender, starting on low and increasing speed until smooth.
5. Pour into a bowl and serve.
Can be stored in a 24-oz mason jar up to 3 months. Bring to room temperature before serving.