Crunchy Chocolate Mocha Crinkle Cookie
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs), firmly packed|
|Vegetable oil/Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Instant coffee/Strong, hot black coffee||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon, ground|
|Icing sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for rolling)|
1) Preheat the oven.
2) In a medium bowl, beat the brown sugar and oil.
3) Mix in sour cream, egg and vanilla extract.
4) In another bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa, instant coffee, baking soda, salt and pepper.
5) Add into the butter mixture until thoroughly combined.
6) Refrigerate the dough for 3 to 4 hours until firm.
7) Scoop out tablespoon sized balls, roll in icing sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until top of the cookies are firm to touch.
9) Remove the cookies and allow to cool on wire rack.
10) Store the cookies in an airtight container and serve within 2 to 3 days.
Calories 315 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18 mg6%
Sodium 167 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.9%
Sugars 30.9 g
Protein 5 g10.8%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 3% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet