It's like being a kid again! CHICKEN POT PIE is one of my favorite meals. Over the years I've experimented with this recipe and think I've got it down to this one simply amazing dish. I can remember eating this as a child and loved it. I’ve perfected it over the years, used tips from my favorite chefs and experimented on my sweet family way too many times! I think this is the best recipe ever!!
Cooking butter stick
2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded (I use a Rotisserie Chicken as it has the best flavor)
1 Cup (16 tbs), Defrosted
2 Medium, chop
Cream soup base
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Preferably cream of chicken soup)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Buttermilk biscuit mix
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (or plain biscuit mix)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded
1 Stick, melt
1 Teaspoon (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray your casserole dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
2. Layer chicken, vegetables and eggs as you would a lasagna on the bottom of your dish.
3. Sprinkle salt & pepper to taste.
4. Mix soup and chicken stock until smooth and pour on top of chicken/vegetable layers.
5. Mix biscuit mix and milk together and pour on top of soup & chicken mixture.
6. Pour melted butter on top and make sure it covers the biscuit mix really well.
7. Top with shredded cheddar cheese
8. Bake at 350F for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown.
Those of you who are single, bachelors and bachelorettes, here is the perfect recipe, a delicious and super easy way to make a cold winter night favorite, that will last you for days. You can get your chicken, veggies, bread and all, everything in one pot. And you will have plenty of leftovers that you can freeze for those busy or lazy days when you don't want to cook.