Tex Mix Rice
|Long grain rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped onion/Whole / sliced onion||3 Ounce (Ready Cut, About 1 Cup)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Jalapeno chili||1⁄2 , washed and seeded|
|Ripe tomato||1 Large, halved, juice and seeds squeezed out|
|Ripe tomato||1 Large|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a heavy bottomed pot add rice and water and bring it to a boil.
2. Lower the heat, put on the lid and cook until all the water is absorbed by the rice and it becomes tender, about 17 minutes.
3. In a small skillet heat oil and saute the onion for 2-3 minutes.
4. In a food processor add the jalapeno through feed tube to mince and continue with the tomatoes once jalapeno is over, process the tomatoes until diced.
5. Add this mixture into onion and cook until everything is blended.
6. Now add this mixture to the rice with cumin and black pepper.
6. Sprinkle the cilantro on top of the rice and serve hot.