Gingerbread From Mix
|Gingerbread mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Dark molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F.
2. grease apan and line it with waxed paper.
1. In a bowl, add all the ingredients except shortening and sift them twice.
2. Use a pastry blender to cut shortening into dry ingredients, until the mixture resembles cornmeal.
3. In a bowl, place this gingerbread mix.
4. In aseparte bowl, combine egg, molasses and water, stirring half of mixture into gingerbread mix.
5. Blend the gingerbread mixture just until smooth.
6. Add the leftover molasses mixture and blend again until smooth.
7. In a greased pan, pour the batter.
8. Bake the batter for about 35 minutes.
9. Allow the gingerbread to cool a little before serving.