|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1 Pinch|
|Food color||3 Drop (few drops)|
|Peppermint oil/Intergreen /lemon /cinnamon||5 Drop|
1. In a saucepan, Combine sugar, water, butter and cream of tartar in saucepan.
2. Stir over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
3. Cook, without stirring, over high heat until temperature reaches 260°.
4. Keep sugar crystals wiped from sides of pan with moist cheesecloth wound around fork tines, or a moist pastry brush.
5. Pour onto greased marble slab or greased large shallow pan or tray.
6. With greased hands, turn edges into center so they won't get hard.
7. Let cool.
8. When cool enough to handle, sprinkle over drops of food color and your choice of flavor.
9. Pick up into a ball.
10. Hold in one hand, pull out with other hand, as for taffy, fold back and pull again, working in color and flavor.
11. Turn, to pull all parts evenly.
12. Continue pulling like taffy until almost cold.
13. Stretch out in a "ribbon" of even thickness (1/2 to 3/4 wide).
14. Cut off with kitchen shears in short lengths.
15. Arrange in layers in a waxed paper-lined covered container, such as a 1 lb.coffee can.
16. Candy will become soft and creamy in a few hours and it will be reday to be served.