Fresh Mint Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), softened|
|Superfine sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Fresh mint leaves||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Grated orange zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Ounce|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and superfine sugar until fluffy.
3. Beat adding egg, mint leaves, orange zest and vanilla until smooth.
4. Add flour to creamed mixture and stir until a soft dough forms.
5. Cover dough and chill overnight.
6. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and on an ungreased baking sheet place them 1 inch apart.
7. Flatten balls with bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar and bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
8. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
9. Store in an airtight container.
10. Serve as snack alongside beverages or as desired.