Fresh Mint Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), softened|
|Superfine sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Fresh mint leaves||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Grated orange zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Ounce|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and superfine sugar until fluffy.
3. Beat adding egg, mint leaves, orange zest and vanilla until smooth.
4. Add flour to creamed mixture and stir until a soft dough forms.
5. Cover dough and chill overnight.
6. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and on an ungreased baking sheet place them 1 inch apart.
7. Flatten balls with bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar and bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
8. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
9. Store in an airtight container.
10. Serve as snack alongside beverages or as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4179 Calories from Fat 2474
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 281 g433%
Saturated Fat 175.4 g876.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 937.2 mg312.4%
Sodium 122.1 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 390 g130%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g43%
Sugars 191.4 g
Protein 36 g72.7%
Vitamin A 200.3% Vitamin C 49.9%
Calcium 24.4% Iron 79.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet