Chilli Mint Marinade
|Olive oil||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon, Good Quality)|
|Fresh mint||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (1 Good Handful Of)|
|Thyme||5 Gram, bruised (1 Teaspoon)|
|Chili powder||10 Gram (1 1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Salt||10 Gram (2 Teaspoon)|
|Ground black pepper||5 Gram (1 Teaspoon)|
1) Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
2) Score the meat, mix with marinade and seal it tightly in a polythene bag.
3) Keep the bag in a plate to avoid leaks.
4) Place the plate in a refrigerator and let the meat marinate for 2-4 hours. In case it is a whole boned leg of lamb, it is suggested to let the meat marinate overnight.
5) The bag has to be turned occasionally for the marinade to penetrate better.
6) The remaining marinade can be used for basting.