Chilli Mint Marinade
|Olive oil||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon, Good Quality)|
|Fresh mint||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (1 Good Handful Of)|
|Thyme||5 Gram, bruised (1 Teaspoon)|
|Chili powder||10 Gram (1 1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Salt||10 Gram (2 Teaspoon)|
|Ground black pepper||5 Gram (1 Teaspoon)|
1) Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
2) Score the meat, mix with marinade and seal it tightly in a polythene bag.
3) Keep the bag in a plate to avoid leaks.
4) Place the plate in a refrigerator and let the meat marinate for 2-4 hours. In case it is a whole boned leg of lamb, it is suggested to let the meat marinate overnight.
5) The bag has to be turned occasionally for the marinade to penetrate better.
6) The remaining marinade can be used for basting.
Calories 148 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 996.5 mg41.5%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 0.68 g1.4%
Vitamin A 19.8% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet