Mint Patty Alaska
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chocolate peppermint ice cream patties||4 Ounce|
1) Preheat oven at 500°.
2) In a bowl, add egg whites at room temperature and beat well.
3) Add cream of tartar, vanilla and salt and continue beating until the mixture becomes foamy.
4) Slowly add sugar by continuous beating to form stiff peaks.
5) Use an ovenproof wooden board or serving dish to place the sponge cakes.
6) Place an ice cream patty on top of each sponge cake.
7) Top with meringue and make sure to seal the edges.
8) Place the dish inside oven and bake for 1 or 2 minutes or until the meringue peaks turn brown.
9) Serve the preparation immediately.