|For the one-stage rich or biscuit pastry:|
|Soft margarine||4 Ounce|
|Castor sugar||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Plain flour||6 Ounce|
|Cold water||1 Tablespoon|
|For the filling:|
|Apple puree||2 Tablespoon, sieved|
1. In a bowl, take margarine, sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and water. Beat it well with a fork for about half a minute until it forms a creamy texture.
2. Add flour and knead to make firm dough.
3. Roll it out lightly so that it lines a 9-inch ovenproof plate or tin.
4. Trim the edges, flake and flute.
5. Roll out the remaining pieces from the dough and cut it into thin strips to top the Tart.
6. In a bowl, mix mincemeat, apple and brandy or rum (if used). Mix well and pour it into the pastry case.
7. Top it with pastry strips in a crisscross pattern.
8. Wet the edges and press it to the side of the pastry.
9. Bake it on the second shelf from the top of a moderately hot oven at 400° or Gas Mark 5-6 for 25-30 minutes.
10. Serve Mincemeat Tart hot or cold.