Pear Mincemeat Pie
|Pastry for a double crust 9 inch pie||1|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pears||7 Pound, peeled, cored & cut into eighths|
|Lemons||2 , unpeeled & cut into eighths|
|Oranges||2 , unpeeled & cut into eighths|
|Raisins||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Ground allspice||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Take a food processor bowl and position knife blade in it.
2) Add 1 cup pears and process until finely chopped.
3) Repeat the process with remaining fruit.
4) Take a Dutch oven and combine chopped fruits with all remaining ingredients in it.
5) Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes.
6) Pour the hot mixture in hot sterilized jars, leaving about 1/4 inch headspace.
7) Cover quickly with metal lids and screw tightly with bands.
8) Process the jars in boiling water bath for about 25 minutes.
9) Roll out pastry half onto a lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness.
10) Fit the pastry inside a 9 inch pie plate. Set aside.
11) Chill the remaining pastry.
12) Take a bowl and combine together brown sugar, 2 cups mincemeat (reserve remaining mincemeat for making another dish or to serve as relish), pecans and flour in it.
13) Spoon the mixture into pastry shell.
14) Roll out the remaining pastry to 1/8 inch thickness and place over filling. Trim the edges and seal securely.
15) Cut slits in top of pastry and allow steam to escape. You can also make decorative patterns with slits, if desired.
16) Bake for about 35-40 minutes at 375° F. You can cover the edges of pie with aluminum foil in order to prevent excessive browning.
17) Slice and serve pie with whipped cream, if desired.
Calories 1624 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.7%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 993.2 mg41.4%
Total Carbohydrates 377 g125.6%
Dietary Fiber 24.6 g98.6%
Sugars 302.2 g
Protein 9 g17.9%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 109.3%
Calcium 19% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet