Spiced Pear Mincemeat
|Pears||7 Pound, peeled, cored and cut into eighths|
|Lemons||2 , unpeeled and cut into eighths|
|Oranges||2 , unpeeled and cut into eighths|
|Raisins||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Ground allspice||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Take a food processor bowl and position knife blade in it.
2) Add 1 cup pears and process until finely chopped.
3) Repeat the process with remaining fruit.
4) Take a Dutch oven and combine chopped fruits with all remaining ingredients in it.
5) Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes.
6) Pour the hot mixture in hot sterilized jars, leaving about 1/4 inch headspace.
7) Cover quickly with metal lids and screw tightly with bands.
8) Process the jars in boiling water bath for about 25 minutes.
9) Serve the Pear Mincemeat as relish or use to make pies or cookies.