Mincemeat Cheese Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sieved|
|Mincemeat||9 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (for greasing)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (for dusting and rolling)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. Grease a baking tray and keep aside.
3. In a medium sauce pan, combine water and mincemeat. Mix well and cook on a medium flame till mixture thickens. Keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine butter and cheese. Cream well.
5. Add flour, mix well and cling wrap. Refrigerate.
6. On a floured surface, place dough and roll out into 1/8 inch thickness.
7. Dip 2 inch cookie cutter in flour and cut cookies.
8. Place half number of circles (at 1 inch distance) on greased tray.
9. Place 1 teaspoon of cooled mincemeat mixture at centre of each circle.
10. Top with remaining circles and seal edges using a fork.
11. Prick top cookie roundel gently and bake in pre heated oven for 15 minutes or till done.
12. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes 30 no-€™s.
13. Serve in a cookie jar or basket.