|Mixed peel||4 Ounce, chopped (115 Gram)|
|Currants||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Sultanas||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Mixed spice||2 Teaspoon (1 Heaped Teaspoon)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced and rinded|
|Barbados sugar||1 Pound (455 Gram)|
|Vegetable fat/Vegetable oil||6 Ounce (170 Gram)|
|Bramley apples||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
1. Wash and dry fruit.
2. Mix spice and lemon rind in sugar.
3. Add dried fruits, lemon juice and fat.
4. Grate in apple, cored but not peeled and stir well.
5. Allow to stand at least one day before potting keeping covered and stirring now and again.
6. During this time the dried fruit will absorb surplus juice.
7. Serve the Mincemeat with a dash of whipped cream.