Hot Mincemeat Pie
|Prepared mincemeat||36 Ounce|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pie crust mix||11 Ounce|
|Light cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Soft butter/Margarine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In medium bowl, mix well combining mincemeat, brandy and sherry.
2. Prepare piecrust mix as the label directs and form into a ball.
3. On lightly floured surface, roll out half of pastry to form a 12-inch circle and fit into a 9-inch pie plate.
4. Preheat oven to 425F.
5. Turn mincemeat filling into pie shell trimming the pastry to the edge of the pie plate.
6. Roll out remaining pastry to form a 12-inch circle.
7. Make several slits near center for steam vent and adjust pastry over filling.
8. Trim pastry evenly, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang all around.
9. Fold edge of top crust under bottom crust press together to seal and crimp edge decoratively.
10. Lightly brush top leaving the edge, with egg yolk beaten and light cream.
11. Bake 30 to 35 minutes until crust is golden-brown.
To make Hard Sauce:
12. In small bowl, with electric mixer beat combining all ingredients at medium speed until smooth and fluffy for 2 minutes.
13. Store in refrigerator, covered.
14. Cool pie partially on wire rack.
15. Serve warm with hard sauce.