Fresh Mincemeat Pancakes
|Cooking apples||450 Gram, peeled, cored and sliced|
|Soft brown sugar||100 Gram|
|Mixed spice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mixed dried fruit||175 Gram|
|Lemon juice||75 Milliliter|
|Finely grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a pan, put the apples along with the sugar, butter and spice. Gently cook over low flame, occasionally stirring, for about 20 minutes or till the apples have tendered.
2) Add the dried fruit, lemon juice and rind and stir well. Keep aside and allow to cool.
3) Between the pancakes, divide the filling and roll them up.
4) To freeze the stuffed pancakes, wrap them in double thickness of foil, seal, label and place in the freezer.
5) To cook the frozen pancakes, unwrap them and thaw for about 4 hours at room temperature.
6) In 3 ounces of butter placed over medium heat, fry the pancake rolls till they are golden brown.
7) Serve right away with lots of cream.