|Seeded raisins||675 Gram|
|Mixed peel||100 Gram|
|Cooking apples||1 Kilogram|
|Shredded suet||175 Gram|
|Mixed spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||300 Milliliter|
|Lemons||2 , rind finely grated|
|Granulated sugar||675 Gram|
|Rum/Brandy / sherry||450 Milliliter|
1) Mince the raisins or finely chop them and peel.
2) Peel the apples, core and chop them and grate or mince.
3) In a large bowl, put the raisins and apples along with the other fruit, suet and spice.
4) Add the lemon rind and juice, sugar and rum, brandy or sherry.
5) Mix well and allow to stand overnight.
6) To freeze the preparation, turn it into a large rigid container or several small ones, if so desired. Cover, label and place in the freezer.
7) Thaw the preparation overnight in the fridge. Use and serve as required.