|Seedless raisins||8 Ounce (225 Grams)|
|Sultanas||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Eating apples||4 Ounce, peeled (125 Grams)|
|Mixed peel||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Grated suet||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Currants||8 Ounce (225 Grams)|
|Lemon||1 , grated rind and juiced|
|Soft brown sugar||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Golden syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Mixed spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Ready a large preserve or coffee jar with tight fitting lid. The jar should be clean and dry.
2. You can sterilize the jar by placing in a cool oven heated to 225°F/ 110°C/ Gas ¼
3. Use a food processor or mincer with the course mincing blade attachment.
4. Combine the raisins, sultanas, apple, peel and suet in the jar and mince.
5. Empty the minced mixture into a large mixing bowl.
6. Mix in all the other ingredients and stir to combine.
7. Spoon the mixture into the prepared jar.
8. Close and place in the refrigerator until required.
9. Use this mixture in cakes, breads, cookies, muffins etc.