Mincemeat And Almond Delight
|Self rising flour||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Lard||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Castor sugar/Soft brown sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Ground almonds||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Almond essence||2 Drop|
|Bananas||2 , thinly sliced|
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F, 220°C
2. In a large mixing bowl, sieve the flour along with salt and baking powder if whole wheat flour is being used
3. Cut the fats into small cubes and add to the flour.
4. Using your fingertips, rub the flour and fat until all the fat has been mixed with the flour. The mixture will have a sandy texture resembling breadcrumbs.
5. Add the beaten egg yolk and cold water to the mixture.
6. Using a pallet knife or a spatula, stir the mixture and bring together, to resemble a cookie dough.
7. Transfer the dough to a clean flour dusted work surface and roll into a circle to fit an 8 inch pie dish of flan tin.
8. To make the filling, in a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar with a wooden spoon, till light and fluffy.
9. Stir in eggs, ground almonds and essence and blend well until it resembles a cake batter.
10. Fill the prepared pastry shell with alternate layers of sliced banana and mince meat.
11. Finally pour the filling to top the pie and spread evenly on all sides of the tart.
12. Place pie dish on a baking sheet and on the middle level of the preheated oven.
13. Bake pie for 30-40 minutes filling is set and is lightly browned.
14. If the pie is browning too quickly, reduce the heat to 350°F, 180°C after 10 minutes of baking.
15. Remove the pie from the oven and cool slightly
16. Cut into wedges and serve warm.