Green Tomato Mincemeat
|Apples||6 Cup (96 tbs), chopped|
|Green tomatoes||6 Cup (96 tbs), chopped|
|Light brown sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Mix the apples and tomatoes together. Add the remaining ingredients except the butter.
2. Bring gradually to a boil, in a large pot, and simmer for three hours, stirring often.
3. Add the butter and mix well. Spoon into hot, sterilized, canning jars and seal.
4. Process in boiling-water bath for 25 minutes.
5. Remove from kettle and allow to cool.
6. Store in a cool, dark, dry place.