Holiday Mincemeat Pie
|Pastry||1 (For Double-Crust 9-Inch Pie)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Crumbled condensed mincemeat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven by setting it at 350°.
2) Take a rolling pin and roll out half of the pastry dough over a floured surface until it is 1/8 inch in thickness.
3) Fit it properly into a pie pan measuring 9 inches.
4) Take the remaining pastry dough and roll out again into 1/8 inch thickness before cutting it into strips of ¾ inch wide each.
5) Take a small saucepan and heat up a mixture of corn syrup, shortening, sugar and salt.
6) Remove from heat after bringing to a boil by stirring occasionally.
7) Add the warm syrup carefully little by little to a combination of the remaining ingredients.
8) Take a spoon and scoop the mixture into a pastry shell.
9) Take the dough strips and design it into a lattice on top of the filling.
10) Flute the edges together after sealing them properly.
11) Bake it for 40 minutes by placing it in the pre-heated oven or until the pastry turns golden brown in color.
12) Cool and serve the pastry.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3123 Calories from Fat 1557
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 180 g276.4%
Saturated Fat 33.5 g167.4%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 530.2 mg176.7%
Sodium 1399 mg58.3%
Total Carbohydrates 344 g114.7%
Dietary Fiber 16.4 g65.6%
Sugars 217.6 g
Protein 62 g123.1%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 42%
Calcium 20.7% Iron 36.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet