Saalam Paak ( Milk Sweet )
|Creamy milk||2 Liter, boiled once|
|Pure ghee||1 Kilogram|
|Almonds||400 Gram, boiled, skinned, sliced|
|Dudhi seeds||100 Gram|
|Melon seeds||100 Gram|
|Cucumber seeds||100 Gram|
|Pumpkin seeds||100 Gram|
|Punjabi saalam||100 Gram|
|Nutmeg powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Rose water||10 Ounce (1 bottle)|
1. Make a thick syrup with the sugar, rose water and 3 cups water.
2. Fry half the almonds till light brown in a little ghee and set aside.
3. Place the ghee in a vessel and fry all the different magaj and the remaining almonds and when light red, remove from the fire and pound them finely. The saalam should also be ground very fine.
4. Now comes the difficult part. Take some ghee about one cup from the vessel in which the almonds had been fried and place it in a clean vessel. Heat it and put in the saalam powder, lower flame and mix vigorously. Do not stop. Get someone to pour the milk in a thin stream and keep mixing vigorously, otherwise nodules will form in the milk.
5. Keep stirring non-stop after all the milk has been used up. Pour all the leftover ghee in which the almonds were fried into the pan and the sugar syrup until it becomes like mava. Mix in the almond slices and the 4 magaj which have been fried and pounded, nutmeg and cardamom powders. Pour into a greased dish and serve when cooled.