Thick Coconut milk - I liter
Almonds - 10 grams, blanched and ground
Cashewnuts - 100 grams, pounded
Pistachios - 25 grams, sliced
Cardamoms- 1 tsp, powdered
Rose Petals - few
Sugar - 750 grams
1. Take a hard bottomed pan and add milks, almonds, cashewnuts, nutmeg and cardamoms into it and simmer until the mixture thickens.
2. Stir in sugar and cook until the mixture starts leaving the sides of a vessel. Keep on stirring continuously during the cooking time.
3. When done remove from fire and add few drops of rose essence.
4. Spoon the mixture over greased thali and level its surface using the back of spoon.
5. Decorate the vadi by sprinkling rose petals and pistachios over it.
6. After cooling it, cut into desirable shapes and store in airtight containers.
7. Serve Doodachi vadi as a snack with other savories during the festive occasions.