Vanilla Ice Milk
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Low fat milk||1 Quart, divided|
1) In a saucepan, add honey, vanilla bean, vanilla extract, and 1 cup of the low-fat milk and mix well.
2) Add the rest of the low-fat milk and allow to scald, stirring at intervals.
3) Turn off the heat and keep aside 20 to 30 minutes.
4) Discard the vanilla bean and add the mixture in an ice cream maker or turn into a large pan and place in freezer till mushy but not solid.
5) Remove from freezer and beat to break ice crystals.
6) Place back into the freezer.
7) Repeat twice, turning the mix into 2 1-quart containers the final time.
8) Freeze till serving time.
9) Garnish with mint leaves and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 692 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.1%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.9 mg6.3%
Sodium 497.2 mg20.7%
Total Carbohydrates 135 g45%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 132.8 g
Protein 33 g65.1%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 16.6%
Calcium 119.8% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet