1) In a saucepan, add honey, vanilla bean, vanilla extract, and 1 cup of the low-fat milk and mix well.
2) Add the rest of the low-fat milk and allow to scald, stirring at intervals.
3) Turn off the heat and keep aside 20 to 30 minutes.
4) Discard the vanilla bean and add the mixture in an ice cream maker or turn into a large pan and place in freezer till mushy but not solid.
5) Remove from freezer and beat to break ice crystals.
6) Place back into the freezer.
7) Repeat twice, turning the mix into 2 1-quart containers the final time.
8) Freeze till serving time.