Eggs En Cocotte With Cream
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly milled|
1. Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
2. Warm 4 small warm ramekin dishes.
3. Grease the dishes thoroughly with butter.
4. Into each of the prepared dish, carefully crack an egg into each.
5. Season well with salt and pepper.
6. Top with a tablespoon of cream over each egg.
7. In a large roasting or baking tin, place the ramekin dishes and pour boiling water to within 1/2 inch (1 cm) of the rims of the dishes.
8. Cover the pan and place in the centre the oven and poach the eggs for 10-12 minutes until the egg white is set but the yolk is still runny.
9. Serve immediately.