Royal Spiced Cookies
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon (Royal)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting it to desired temperature.
2) Take a bowl and cream the shortening into it.
3) Add sugar and follow it with the eggs that had been beaten.
4) Mix them well.
5) Sift the flour together with salt, baking powder and spices.
6) Add ½ of it to the batter.
7) Add the rest of the dry ingredients along with milk.
8) Take 2 layer tins and grease them.
9) Pour in 2/3rds of the batter into the tins.
10) Mix a tablespoon of cocoa to a tablespoon of boiling water to the rest of the batter.
11) This will be used as the middle layer of the cake.
12) Place the tins in a pre-heated oven and bake in layers for 10-20 minutes.
13) Serve after covering cake with icing which has also been spread on the layers.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3339 Calories from Fat 1103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 125 g191.8%
Saturated Fat 34.7 g173.6%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 445.6 mg148.5%
Sodium 2305.1 mg96%
Total Carbohydrates 512 g170.8%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.7%
Sugars 264.8 g
Protein 53 g105.3%
Vitamin A 14.7% Vitamin C 0.57%
Calcium 189.1% Iron 107.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet