How To Improve The Taste Of Dry Milk
The taste of dry milk is not liked by all. Dry milk is mainly used in the making of infant formula, in sweets such like chocolates and caramel candy, and in few baking recipes.
Indian sweet delicacies, rasagulla and chum chum are made with dry milk powder. These sweets made with dry milk powder taste delicious but when it comes to drinking it, the taste is certainly not liked by all.
However, there are times when we have to consume dry milk--- when the supply of fresh milk is exhausted or not available. At such times, you can easily improve the taste of dry milk. For improving the taste of dry milk, you’ll need-
- Dry or powdered milk
- Vanilla essence
- Fresh whole milk
Here is how to do it-
- Take a container.
- Make the powdered milk by mixing it with water. Make sure you add the right amount of dry powder to the water. Adding less dry milk powder or more than needed can spoil the taste.
- Stir it well so that there is no lump formation.
- In case you have some fresh milk, add one part of fresh milk to one part of dry milk.
- Add 2 drops of vanilla essence to milk. By adding vanilla essence to dry milk, the flavor of vanilla comes in the dry milk and makes it taste better.
- Add sugar as per your taste to the milk.
- Stir to dissolve.
Tasty dry (powdered) milk is ready to be served.
- Check the package for dry milk expiry. Never use expired milk.
- Keeping the dry milk in the refrigerator for few hours makes it taste better.
- Chocolate syrup can be also added. Your kids will love the milk.
- For a better taste, add some fruit smoothies to dry milk.
Image credit- freezedriedsurvivalfood.com