2. In a medium pot, bring the milk, rice and salt to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the rice is tender. Stir often to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
3. In the meantime, make your vanilla roasted pears. Halve and core each pear. Lay them cut-side up on a baking dish.
4. Press one tablespoon of butter into each pear half, followed by 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, followed by 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla powder or extract, followed by a few pinches of salt.
5. Bake pears for 45 minutes or so, until the pears are tender.
6. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together egg and the 1/4 cup of brown sugar until well mixed. Temper the eggs and sugar with half of the rice mixture by adding a tablespoon at a time to the eggs and sugar mixture while vigorously whisking.
7. Add the tempered egg mixture back into the pot, give it a good stir, and then simmer it for another 5-10 minutes, until it has thickened up a little bit more.
8. Remove from heat, place rice pudding into bowls, and top with roasted pears.
9. Serve warm and enjoy!
Rice Pudding is the perfect comfort dessert that is cheap and easy to make and ideal for a weekday after-dinner treat. Here is a rice pudding recipe with an added twist! This creamy rice pudding is served with vanilla roasted pears and is fit to be served for any fancy dinner or when you have sudden guests over for dinner.