Braised Bean Curd Home Style
|Dried chinese mushrooms||5 Small|
|Lean pork||4 Ounce (115 Grams)|
|Bean curd cakes||2|
|Oil||1 Pint, seasoned (600 Milliliter)|
|Spring onions||2 , cut into short sections|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Yellow bean sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chinese rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||3 Drop|
1. To prepare the mushrooms soak them in cold water for 50-60 minutes, squeeze dry and discard any hard stalks, thinly shred the remainder.
2. Cut the pork into thin shreds too.
3. Split each cake of bean-curd crossways into 3-4 slices, then cut each slice diagonally into 2 triangles.
4. In a pan heat the oil until hot, deep-fry the bean-curd pieces for 2-3 minutes until both sides are golden.
5. Remove and drain.
6. Pour off excess oil, leaving about 1 tablespoon in the wok and stir-fry the spring onions and red chillies (if using) with the pork and mushrooms for about 1 minute.
7. Then add the bean-curd with the soy sauce, yellow bean sauce and wine blending well.
8. Now add the stock or water, bring to the boil and stir-braise for 2 minutes.
9. Finally, add the MSG (if using) and sesame oil.
10. Blend Braised Bean Curd well and serve hot.