Spinach and Bean Curd Soup
|For chicken stock|
|Lean pork belly||8 Ounce, cubed (225 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Large, cut into chunks|
|Bay leaf||1 Large|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Pint (1.4 Liter)|
|Spinach leaves||1 Pound, washed and shredded (450 Gram)|
|Bean curd/Tofu||8 Ounce, sliced (225 Gram)|
|Spring onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), finely chopped|
|Green chillies||2 , seeded and thinly sliced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Red pepper||1 , seeded and cut into juliennes|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a medium sized wok, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Bring to a boil.
2. Discard scum which rises to surface while boiling.
3. Once boiled, reduce flame and cover and cook for 60 minutes.
4. Once cooked, strain mixture through a soup strainer which is lined with muslin cloth.
5. Shred the boiled chicken joints and keep aside.
6. In a small bowl, combine corn flour with water and mix well. Keep aside.
7. In a clean wok, re heat stock. Bring to boil.
8. Once boiled, reduce flame and add chillies, red pepper, salt and black pepper.
9. Mix well and simmer for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
10. Add spinach and spring onions and simmer for 2 more minutes.
11. Add corn flour mixture, mix well and bring to boil.
12. Once boiled, reduce flame; add shredded chicken and bean curd. Simmer for 1 more minute.
13. Transfer on to soup bowls and serve immediately.