|Butter||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
1. Wipe lemons with a damp cloth, the dry.
2. Over the lemon skins, rub about 10 pieces of cube sugar to extract the flavour.
3. Into a small bowl, squeeze in lemon juice.
4. Into a basin, break in egg and beat up lightly. Until they will run smoothly off the fork.
5. In a double saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
6. Add lemon juice, eggs and sugar. Stirring continuosly, cook the mixture very gently until the lemon curd coats the back of the wooden spoon and all the sugar has dissolved.
7. Transfer the lemon curd into a clean dry warm jar. Cover down as for jam.
8. Use as an accompaniment for dishes of your choice.