Curd and Almond Puffs in Thick Curry Sauce
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground almonds||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Sea salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and very finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 Medium, chopped|
|Ground ginger||1 Pinch|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Pinch|
1) In a large bowl, combine the milk and lemon juice.
2) On high power, cook for 10 minutes or until the milk starts boiling.
3) Let stand, covered for 30 minutes until thick curds form.
4) Through clean muslin cloth, strain this milk, squeezing as dry as possible. Then, discard the liquid.
5) Now, in a large bowl, combing this curd along with the ground almonds, turmeric and salt.
6) Lightly knead to a smooth paste and then shape into twelve equal sized balls.
7) In a skillet, heat the oil.
8) In the hot oil, deep fry the balls.
9) On kitchen paper, drain the fried balls.
10) Now, to prepare the sauce, in a small bowl, combine the onion, garlic and oil.
11) On high power, cook covered for 3 minutes, or until soft.
12) To this, add all the remaining ingredients along with 1/4 pint of water. Mix well.
13) In a blender, puree this mixture.
14) Return the pureed sauce to the bowl.
15) On high power, cook uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring in between, until the sauce becomes thick.
16) For each serving, place three curd puffs in a platter, along with a little of the sauce.