Creamy Citrus Curd
|Zest of orange||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Zest of lemon||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Juice of lemon||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Cup Of 2 Lemons)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold butter||2 Tablespoon (Cut Into 0.5 Inch Pieces)|
|Heavy cream||1 Tablespoon|
1. Grate orange and lemon zest.
2. Juice two lemons to get one quarter cup of lemon juice.
3. Juice oranges to get one quarter cup of orange juice.
4. In a bowl, mix both the juices and add lemon zest to it. Mix well.
5. Transfer the contents of the bowl to a saucepan and heat it over medium heat.
6. While the juice is heating whisk half a cup of sugar and two eggs until well combined.
7. When citrus juice is steaming, remove from flame and add it to the sugar and egg mixture, whisking it constantly.
8. Add this mixture back to the saucepan and heat it over medium heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until mixture has thickened and coats the back of a spoon. This takes around three minutes.
9. Remove the saucepan from heat, stir in cold butter. Stir them in one at a time.
10. Add heavy cream and stir well.
11. Strain through a fine strainer and collect it in a bowl.
12. Cover with plastic wrap such that the plastic covers the upper layer of the curd so that the skin doesn’t form.
13. Store it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
14. Creamy Citrus Curd can be used as a filling for tarts, pies, and cakes or served as it is.
Calories 424 Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.7%
Saturated Fat 11 g55%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 254 mg84.7%
Sodium 160.1 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.71 g2.9%
Sugars 53.8 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 16.2% Vitamin C 60.3%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet