Braised Fish Steaks With Bean Curd
|Fish||2 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Bean curd cake||2|
|Ginger root slices||3|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Cut fish crosswise into 2 to 3 inch steaks. Wipe dry.
2. Cut each bean curd cake in 9 cubes; cut scallion in 1-inch sections. Mince ginger root.
3. Heat oil until nearly smoking. Brown fish steaks quickly on both sides.
4. Add soy sauce, sherry, water, salt, minced ginger root and scallion. Bring to a boil; then simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
5. Add bean curd cubes. Simmer, covered, until fish is done (5 to 10 minutes more).