Deep Fried Bean Curd Stuffed With Minced Fish
|Fish fillets||1⁄2 Pound|
|Bean curd cakes||6|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
1. Shell and devein shrimp. Mince or grind together with fish.
2. Add egg white and salt and knead well to blend thoroughly. Divide in 16 parts, forming each into a ball. Then toss each ball hard against a cutting board, or other solid surface, 15 to 20 times. (This will remove the air.)
3. Cut each bean curd cake diagonally in 4 separate triangles. On one cut surface of each triangle, cut a pocket by starting near the apex and making a slit running 3/4 of the way down. (Do not cut clear through bean curd triangle.)
4. Stuff a fishball into each slit or pocket, flattening and shaping fish to fit. Meanwhile heat oil.
5. Add bean curd triangles, a few at a time, and deep-fry until golden (3 to 5 minutes). Drain on paper toweling and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5625 Calories from Fat 4624
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 522 g803.2%
Saturated Fat 67.6 g337.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 494.7 mg164.9%
Sodium 1654.7 mg68.9%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.2%
Sugars 26.9 g
Protein 187 g374.3%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 87.3% Iron 123.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet