Stir Fried Pork With Deep Fried Bean Curd
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lean pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Smoked ham||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Stock||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Deep fried bean curd pieces||4|
|Dried black mushrooms||6|
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Shred pork. Combine cornstarch, soy sauce, sherry, sugar and oil, then add to pork and toss to coat.
3. Separately shred bamboo shoots, celery, smoked ham, deep fried bean curd and soaked mushrooms. Crush garlic.
4. Blend remaining cornstarch and cold water to a paste, then stir in oyster sauce, remaining sugar, and pepper.
5. Heat oil. Add salt, then garlic and brown lightly. Add pork and stir fry until it loses its pinkness (about 1 to 2 minutes).
6. Add bamboo shoots, celery and mushrooms, and stir fry 1 minute more.
7. Stir in stock and heat quickly; then cook, covered, 2 minutes over medium heat.
8. Stir in cornstarch mixture to thicken. Then add shredded bean curd, stirring in only to heat through.