Steamed Sliced Pork With Ham And Bean Curd
|Dried chinese black mushrooms||5 Large|
|Lean pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Smoked ham||1⁄4 Pound|
|Bean curd cakes||2|
|Fresh root ginger slice||4|
|Peanut oil||3 Drop|
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Slice pork and ham about 1/4 inch thick. Slice bean curd 1/2 inch thick. Mince ginger root and scallion. Cut soaked mushrooms in half.
3. Rub a heatproof bowl with peanut oil. Arrange mushrooms, ham, bean curd and pork in alternating layers, with pork on top. Sprinkle with sherry, salt, pepper, minced ginger and scallion.
4. Steam on a rack until done (about 45 minutes).
5. Drain off gravy into a saucepan without disturbing steamed ingredients. Add water to gravy to make 1 cupful and bring slowly to a boil.
6. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste. Then stir into heated gravy to thicken.
7. Invert contents of steaming bowl onto a serving platter without disturbing arrangement of layers. Pour sauce over and serve.