Pan Fried Pepper Crusted Fillet Mignon
|Filet mignon steaks||16 Ounce (2 Pieces Of 8 Ounce Each)|
|Cracked peppercorns||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh asparagus||1 Bunch (100 gm), blanched|
|Mashed potato||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
1. Sprinkle some salt on all sides of the steak then rub the cracked pepper.
2. Heat a pan then pour in 2 tablespoons olive oil (add some more if needed).
3. When the oil is hot, pan fry the steak for 3 minutes per side. Note: If the cut is thick, you’ll need to pan fry the sides.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Bake the pan fried steak for 6 to 8 minutes.
6. Transfer the steak to a plate then set aside.
7. On the same pan where the steaks are fried, add 1 tablespoon olive oil (you can omit this step if there is enough oil in the pan).
8. Heat the pan and put-in the onions. Cook the onions for 2 to 3 minutes.
9. Pour-in red wine and simmer until it reduces to half.
10. Put-in the steak on the pan and let cook for 30 seconds per side.
11. Turn-heat then transfer the steak to a serving plate.
12. Pour the red wine sauce on top of the steak.
13. Serve with blanched asparagus and mashed potatoes.
14. Share and enjoy!
Calories 880 Calories from Fat 287
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.3%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.8 mg24.9%
Sodium 643.3 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.6%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 33 g66.9%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 81.3%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet