This tortilla soup is an easy vegetarian dish - or toss in shredded chicken if you prefer. Watch the recipe video below, prepare it and top your soup with crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, cilantro and shredded cheese.
Orange bell pepper
Green bell pepper
1⁄2 (Yellow Onion)
32 Ounce (Chicken Or Vegetable)
1. Chop 4 carrots into bite size pieces and brown them in a large skillet with a few tablespoons of olive oil. Stir occasionally and in the meantime…
2. Chop into small pieces:
* 1/2 Large orange bell pepper
* 1 large green bell pepper
* 1/2 Large Spanish/yellow onion
* 6 sprigs of cilantro
3. After the carrots lightly brown and can be easily poked with a fork (around 10 min) add in your peppers and onions and saute all veggies.
4. In your soup pot, add crushed tomatoes and broth. Stir until blended over med/high heat
5. Once your veggies have softened, add them to the pot.
6. Now add black beans and corn to soup.
7. make it spicy - Add 4oz salsa verde OR jalapeno peppers without seeds OR chipotle peppers without seeds.
Add salt and pepper if desired.
8. Let simmer for 10-20 minutes.
May be made ahead and refrigerated.
You can visit onemessykitchen for more videos like this. We have more recipes and videos there.