|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Orange bell pepper||1⁄2|
|Green bell pepper||1|
|Spanish onion||1⁄2 (Yellow Onion)|
|Crushed tomatoes||28 Ounce|
|Broth||32 Ounce (Chicken Or Vegetable)|
|Black beans||8 Ounce|
|Salsa verde||2 Tablespoon|
1. Chop 4 carrots into bite size pieces and brown them in a large skillet with a few tablespoons of olive oil. Stir occasionally and in the meantime…
2. Chop into small pieces:
* 1/2 Large orange bell pepper
* 1 large green bell pepper
* 1/2 Large Spanish/yellow onion
* 6 sprigs of cilantro
3. After the carrots lightly brown and can be easily poked with a fork (around 10 min) add in your peppers and onions and saute all veggies.
4. In your soup pot, add crushed tomatoes and broth. Stir until blended over med/high heat
5. Once your veggies have softened, add them to the pot.
6. Now add black beans and corn to soup.
7. make it spicy - Add 4oz salsa verde OR jalapeno peppers without seeds OR chipotle peppers without seeds.
Add salt and pepper if desired.
8. Let simmer for 10-20 minutes.
May be made ahead and refrigerated.
You can visit onemessykitchen for more videos like this. We have more recipes and videos there.
Calories 422 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16.1%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1038.4 mg43.3%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.5%
Dietary Fiber 15.2 g60.7%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 16 g31.6%
Vitamin A 167.1% Vitamin C 84.2%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 27.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet