Creamy Greek Quesadilla
|Low fat greek style yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|English cucumber||1⁄2 , shredded|
|Clove garlic||1 , minced|
|Cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Red chili sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat tortillas||4|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Part Skim)|
|Feta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), crumbled|
|Roasted red peppers||12 Ounce, chopped|
|Kalamata olives||20 , quartered|
|Red onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Cooking oil/Butter||1 Teaspoon (for coating pan)|
For the Tzatziki dip:
1. In a bowl, take chopped garlic, shredded cucumber, cilantro, yogurt and red chili sauce. Mix it well and keep it aside.
For the Quesadilla:
2. Heat a pan over medium high heat.
3. Coat the pan with cooking oil. You can even use butter here.
4. Place tortilla in the pan and allow it to toast on one side.
5. Flip the tortilla on other side and layer one side of the tortilla with mozzarella cheese.
6. Add red onion over the cheese, red roasted peppers, olives, feta cheese and another layer of mozzarella cheese. Remember just to layer one half of the tortilla and resist the temptation to overstuff.
7. Fold the tortilla from the empty side to form a half moon and press it lightly.
8. Let it cook for 30-40 seconds on each side.
9. Remove from the flame and the pan and let the Quesadilla cool for about two minutes.
10. Cut it into four slices.
10. To serve Creamy Greek Quesadilla, serve it on a serving platter with Tzatziki dip. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro.