Potato, Egg and Smoked Sausage Breakfast Burrito
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Salt||1 Pinch (Optional)|
|Black pepper||To Taste (Optional)|
|Potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), cubed (into ½ inch cubes)|
|All purpose seasoning||1 Teaspoon (Mild Grand Diamond)|
|Turmeric||1⁄8 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Smoked sausage links||1 , cubed into ½ inch cubes|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Spinach||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Tortillas||2 (10 inch tortillas used)|
1. Preheat a medium size non-stick skillet over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the olive oil and sauté the onions for 3-4 minutes or until they become soft and translucent.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste if desired.
4. Add the potatoes, and brown them for 4-5 minutes.
5. Add the garlic and sausage and stir, add all-purpose seasoning and turmeric, stir and coat the potatoes evenly with olive oil and seasonings.
6. Cover the skillet and cook until the potatoes are tender.
7. Once done transfer in a dish and set aside.
8. Place the skillet back on the heat and over medium heat sauté the spinach until it wilts.
9. Crack and whisk the eggs in a bowl.
10. Add butter and then add the beaten eggs to the spinach; cook the eggs to the desired texture.
11. Warm the tortilla in a skillet or griddle over direct heat.
12. Once warmed, lay the tortilla on a flat surface and divide and spread the potatoes and spinach mixture evenly on the tortillas.
13. Wrap it into Burritos.
14. Serve with salsa or any other dipping sauce.
Calories 633 Calories from Fat 322
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.7%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 230.7 mg76.9%
Sodium 521.2 mg21.7%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g21.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g33.9%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 17 g35%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 84.5%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 25.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet