Easy Recipes For Ground Beef - Mexican Lasagna
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon (Grapeseed oil used)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Lime||1 , juiced, zested|
|Oregano||1 Tablespoon (Mexican oregano used)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground beef||4 Pound|
|Garlic clove||2 , crushed|
|Mild salsa/Hot salsa||4 Cup (64 tbs) (use one without sugar)|
|Flour tortilla||6 Large, halved|
|Grated cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Grated jalapeno Havarti cheese)|
1. Place a skillet on flame and pour oil in it. Add onion in hot oil and saute until caramelized.
2. Add lime zest, cumin, cinnamon, black pepper, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
3. Add ground beef , garlic clove, salsa, lime juice, and salt. Stir well. Cook for 40 minutes on medium low or until cooked through, stirring occasionally.
4. In a 9 x13 oven safe baking dish, spoon little meat mixture at the bottom and top it with a layer of tortillas.
5. Add another layer meat, and cheese. Repeat the layer again until everything is used, finishing with a layer of cheese.
6. Pop the baking dish in 375 degree oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until nice and bubbly.
7. Cut in wedges and serve hot.
Place the layered baking dish in freezer for a week or up to 3 months and bake just before ready to serve.
Calories 542 Calories from Fat 371
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.6%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g77%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100 mg33.3%
Sodium 801.9 mg33.4%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 28 g56.2%
Vitamin A 24.9% Vitamin C 22%
Calcium 21.3% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet