This rice will go perfectly with any meal you want but especially with Mexican food! It does not need to be spicy -- simply omit the chili pepper. Whatever you decide, you will end up with a wonderful and tasty rice. Enjoy!
1⁄2 Small, peeled
3 Clove (15 gm), peeled
1 , seeded, membrane removed (any kind)
2 Teaspoon (to taste)
2 Tablespoon, chopped
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
For the rice
2 Cup (32 tbs), washed thoroughly
1 Teaspoon, ground
1 Tablespoon, minced
2 Clove (10 gm), minced
1. In a skillet, dry roast tomatoes, ½ onion, garlic and jalapeno till charred all over.
2. Transfer into a blender, add salt (check if using chicken stock), ½ cup water and coriander and blend till smooth.
3. Pour it into a large jar or measuring cup and add 2 more cups of boiling water (make the amount to 4 cups)
4. Add tomato paste and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
5. In a skillet or pot, heat oil. Put rice, minced onion and minced garlic and cumin.
6. Saute it while stirring constantly till the rice dries up and starts tuning light brown.
7. Pour the tomato onion mixture and bring it to boil.
8. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes covered. Do not stir or touch it.
9. After 20 minutes uncover it and fluff up the rice.
10. In a serving plate, serve the rice hot with choice of a main dish.