1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. For Filling: In a bowl, put 1/2 of beans and mash using a potato masher.
3. Add in remaining beans, soup and 16 ounce of cheese, stir well to mix and set aside.
4. For Sauce: In a stockpot over medium heat, heat oil and saute garlic for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add in flour, chilli powder and cumin, and stir well for 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Add bouillon, water, and tomato sauce and bring to a boil, stirring continuously for 1 to 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens, remove and set aside.
7. In a skillet over medium heat, place 1 tortilla and cook for few seconds on each side or until warm and place on a plate.
8. Heat all the tortillas and stack them.
9. Put about 1/4 cup of sauce on bottom of 2 casserole dishes and spread well.
10. Place tortillas on clean working table, spread 1/4 cup filling down each tortilla centre, roll the tortilla into cigar shape and set aside
11. Place the enchiladas in 2 rows of 6 in each casserole dish.
12. Spoon the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and spread evenly.
13. Sprinkle the remaining 8 ounce of cheese evenly over the enchiladas and top with green onion.
14. Bake the enchiladas for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling.
15. Remove and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
Looking for recipe to surprise your friend and family? Try black Bean Enchiladas, it’s a great dish you can enjoy on weekends. Wegmans Executive Chef Russell Ferguson teaches his easy recipe to make Black Bean Enchiladas. Watch to learn more.