We were out with friends recently and they were serving Horchata - a Mexican rice drink...Unfortunately, their recipe had cream, so we didn't have any.Annmarie wanted to give horchata a try using a raw food recipe... and she nailed it.
2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked in water for 20 min, drained well
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Long grain brown rice
2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked in water ovenight
8 Cup (128 tbs)
Vanilla bean powder
1. Soak the long grain rice in water overnight with cinnamon sticks.
2. Rinse the rice a few times before use.
3. CASHEW MILK: In a blender, add soaked cashews and pour 4 cups of water.
4. Blend for few seconds and add raisins. Continue blending till smooth.
5. Strain the cashew into a bowl and retain the milk.
6. RICE MILK: In the blender put the soaked rice with 4 cups of water.
7. Blend till smooth for a few minutes. Strain into the bowl with cashew milk.
8. In the blender pour the milks again. Put vanilla powder and resume blending. Blend till frothy.
9. In a serving glass, pour the horchata and serve garnished with cinnamon powder.
If it needs more sweet, add more raisins while blending.