These delicious, gluten-free tortilla breads make an exciting alternative to regular wheat tortillas, and have the delicious flavour of raw quinoa as well!
1. In a bowl, start off by mixing the quinoa flour with half of the oil and salt.
2. When blended well, pour over the hot water, adding a little extra if necessary and combine to form a dough.
3. Knead gently for a few minutes before covering with the rest of the oil and allowing to stand for about 10 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into roughly 10 equally sized pieces.
5. Shape the pieces into small balls between your hands and then, on a heavily floured board, roll each piece into a rough circle.
6. If you find the dough seems very fragile, immediately push it back together again into a dough and then make the ball again before rolling out carefully once more, being sure it forms a good circle. Repeat until all discs are cut like this.
7. Heat a large frying pan on the stove.
8. Transfer in the tortilla when the pan is very hot. Cook the tortillas on each side, for about 60 seconds or so, depending on how hot the pan is, until you have this kind of "patchy brown" effect, before flipping and cooking the other side.
9. Keep the breads warm and humid until you plan on using them.