Goat cheese with roasted peppers boost the flavor, and a variety of cooked mushrooms and onions help turn our multi-grain tortillas into awesome quesadillas. Wegmans Executive Chef Mark Macovec demonstrates this recipe & has a bonus Margarita recipe at the end, don't miss it!
1 Tablespoon (Wegmans Pure)
1 Cup (16 tbs), finely diced
Baby portabella mushrooms
16 Ounce, sliced
5 Ounce, sliced
8 Ounce, softened, divided (Vermont Butter & Cheese Creamery Roasted Red Pepper Goat Cheese)
1. Heat olive oil in large skillet on MEDIUM-HIGH.
2. Add onions and mushrooms in it and keep stirring occasionally for 6-8 minutes.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool. (Mushrooms must be cooled completely before assembling quesadillas.)
4. Spread about 2 tablespoons goat cheese on half of each tortilla.
5. Arrange about 1/2 cup mushrooms on cheese, sprinkle with shredded cheese.
6. Now, fold tortilla over transfer to baking sheet until ready to grill.
7. Heat grill on HIGH 10 min. clean grill with wire brush.
8. Using soft cloth, coat grill grate lightly with vegetable oil. Grill each quesadilla on MEDIUM-HIGH 2-3 min per side, or until cheese is melted.
9. Brush the grill with oil and grill it on medium high. Don’t close the lid while grilling.
10. When cooked, cut it into pieces and serve it with salsa. You could also serve it with margarita.