Wegmans Mushroom & Goat Cheese Quesadillas
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Wegmans Pure)|
|Spanish onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely diced|
|Baby portabella mushrooms||16 Ounce, sliced|
|Shiitake mushrooms||5 Ounce, sliced|
|Goat cheese||8 Ounce, softened, divided (Vermont Butter & Cheese Creamery Roasted Red Pepper Goat Cheese)|
|Whole wheat tortillas||16 Ounce (Wegmans Whole Wheat Multi-Grain 10-inch)|
|Mexican cheese blend||6 Tablespoon, divided (Wegmans Mexican Shredded Cheese Blend)|
1. Heat olive oil in large skillet on MEDIUM-HIGH.
2. Add onions and mushrooms in it and keep stirring occasionally for 6-8 minutes.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool. (Mushrooms must be cooled completely before assembling quesadillas.)
4. Spread about 2 tablespoons goat cheese on half of each tortilla.
5. Arrange about 1/2 cup mushrooms on cheese, sprinkle with shredded cheese.
6. Now, fold tortilla over transfer to baking sheet until ready to grill.
7. Heat grill on HIGH 10 min. clean grill with wire brush.
8. Using soft cloth, coat grill grate lightly with vegetable oil. Grill each quesadilla on MEDIUM-HIGH 2-3 min per side, or until cheese is melted.
9. Brush the grill with oil and grill it on medium high. Don’t close the lid while grilling.
10. When cooked, cut it into pieces and serve it with salsa. You could also serve it with margarita.
Mushrooms can be made the day before.
Calories 241 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.9%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.8 mg7.9%
Sodium 426.7 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 11 g21.9%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 32.8% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet