Horchata de Arroz is a popular Mexican summer drink made with ground rice, milk and cinnamon. This is a very tasty and refreshing traditional drink that is also very easy to make.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
3 Cup (48 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 Teaspoon (For garnishing)
1. In a spice grinder, finely grind up the rice till it becomes a powdery sand consistency.
2. In a large container or jug, add the rice powder, water and a cinnamon stick. Stir and refrigerate overnight.
3. Take the rice mixture out and strain through a cheesecloth into another large container, making sure to squeeze the leftover rice of all its excess liquid. The rice can be discarded after squeezing out the liquid.
4. Pour the strained liquid back in the jug and to that, add milk and sugar. Stir well to dissolve.
5. Serve over ice in a large glass garnished with ground cinnamon.
Things You Will Need
1. Spice grinder (To grind the rice)
2. Cheesecloth - 1, Medium