1. In a blending jar take onion, tomato, water and garlic, blend to puree.
2. Heat oil in a pan, stir in rice and fry for a few minutes.
3. Pour in the tomato mixture and peas.
4. Let it come to a boil, turn the heat to low and cook until done.
5. Serve Mexican Rice with tossed salad.
Serving size Per servingComplete recipe
Calories 236 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.3%
Saturated Fat 0.4 g2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 41.5 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 8 g15.1%
Vitamin A 22.6%
Vitamin C 33.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet